Smuts Pryma

The original Smuts church location and cemetery

St. John The Baptist Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, Pryma Church, was built in 1905. Mr. & Mrs. Pryma donated the land, and this was the first church. The church and parish hall stood until 1925 when they burned down. In 1926, a new church was built on the same site with a new hall. There is also a cemetery on site. In 1`955 the church was moved to the townsite of Smuts where it still stands today beside the parish hall. Many people will recognize the church at Smuts, but many forget to visit the Pryma site which still includes the original cemeteries and stairs of the original Pryma church. 

Share this post
Drinkwater Church
Abandoned united church in Drinkwater, Saskatchewan