Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church

A story of survival: from restoration to ashes to rebirth.

The Holy Trinity Roman Catholic church was built by polish settlers and priests. Built in 1909 near Orolow, Saskatchewan it was used for regular services until 1985. The church no longer held regular services but it was still owned by the church and part of the local diocese.

We visited multiple times with our most recent in 2017 where we met a couple of lovely ladies who told us they were working on restoring the church. It had a new roof which was going to help with the decay.  In 2020 the church was sold to a local family who was continuing the preservation process. 

Sadly in 2021 it burned to the ground. It's not all bad news, we heard that they rebuilt the church on the same location! We are told it looks the same but is slightly smaller.