Tolstoi Schoolhouse

A schoolhouse with Doukhobor heritage.

We found the Tolstoi schoolhouse while searching the area for past Doukhobor settlements. We were not surprised when we learned the school served the Doukhobor settlers. Built in 1929 it was named after Count Leo Tolstoi, a Russian novelist. The school operated until 1960 and water later used as a community center. The school still stands today.

Share this post
Pleasant Plains Schoolhouse
AKA Arsenault School